Steps To Add Google Universal Analytics To WordPress – TechGeck
Having problem in accessing Google Analytics? Well don’t worry my dear friends as today through this post I am going to tell you about What is Google Universal Analytics? How to add Google Universal Analytics to your WordPress manually and blogs through Plugins? Well don’t worry as here are the simple steps for all these questions. Well as we all know that Google Analytics is the most popular tool provided by Google. But it is the advanced version that was launched by the Google last year. It was basically as a latest tracking code that tracks the behaviour of its users towards different devices with variety of other features.
Read more>>How To Create A Blog on Blogger
What is Universal Analytics?
It offers a set of features that changes the pattern of the way data is collected or stored and organised in your Google Analytics account so that you could better understand how users interact with your online content.
Steps For Add Google Universal Analytics To WordPress Manually
- Sign In your Google Analytics account and then click on the “Admin” button.
- Now click on the “Tracking Info” button then there you will find “Tracking Code” button now click on that.
- Now your next step will be to copy the tracking code into a notepad file.
- Now log on to your WordPress site.
- Now click on the “Appearance” button there you will find “Editor” again click on that.
- Now open the “Header.php” option that is present on the right side of the window.
- Now paste the tracking code using </head> for closing the tags.
- Just click on the update button the update has been added to your website.
Steps For Add Google Universal Analytics To WordPress Blog Through Plugins
- Just login to your WordPress site.
- Click on the “Plugins” on the left side of page and click on “Add New” button.
- Copy Google Universal Analytics on the blank and click on the “Search Plugin” button.
- Now you need to locate the plugin in the list.
- Now click on the “Install Now” button and start the plugin.
- Now the last step is the configure phase in which you just open status button ‘ON’ and add the web property ID from Google Analytics (UA-XXXXXX-X) and at last click on save changes button.